SpringStreet Children's MinistryHelping kids follow Jesus
During our 9:35 and 11:05am worship services, we offer age-appropriate worship, Bible-based mini-lessons, crafts, and fun for infant – 5th grade kids.
The story of God’s love for us (and our chance to live action-packed lives for Him) is EXCITING, and we want to pass that passion on to your children. You won’t find lecture-style, desk-bound, “speak when spoken to” classroom settings on SpringStreet. Instead, your kids will learn while singing, dancing, watching puppet shows, and enjoying a host of other “kid-friendly” activities. Each teacher and volunteer considers Sunday worship services to be some of the best hours of the week, and we think your children will feel the same way!
Commitment to Safety
We do everything we can to ensure your kids are taught and cared for in a safe environment. Learn more about our commitment to the safety of our children below.
SpringStreet’s COVID-19 policies and procedures
Learn about the precautions we’re taking to create the safest possible children’s ministry environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We’ve increased hygiene and cleaning protocols in our SpringStreet spaces during services.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be available in the SpringStreet check-in and hallway area.
- All toys and hard surfaces will be sanitized at before and after service.
- Snacks will not be served during class.
- Every staff member, volunteer, and child will have their temperature taken before checking in to SpringStreet.
- All volunteers will wear masks. Once all the children have been checked in to the room, teachers have the option to remove their masks while teaching if they’re six feet away from their class.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering SpringStreet. Encourage your child to do the same.
- You will see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.
- Stay home and join us online if your child has had a fever in the last 14 days, is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Safety and Security on SpringStreet
In today’s world, your kids’ safety isn’t something that you take for granted. WellSpring does everything possible to ensure that your kids are taught and cared for in a safe environment. We find that the three topics below are the ones that are of most concern to parents. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us–we know that you care about your kids, and so do we!
Child “check-in and check-out” policies
When your family visits WellSpring for the first time, visit our guest info counter (look for the “Visiting? Start here!” sign). A friendly volunteer will help you check in your child(ren); this simple, one-time-only process allows us to gather basic information about your child, such as his/her age, gender, name, and known medical concerns.
When the registration process is complete, you’ll receive a two-part sticker for each child. One sticker (containing your kid’s name, age, and other info) adheres to your child’s clothing; place the other sticker on yourself (and don’t lose it!). Both stickers contain a unique matching number, effectively linking you (and only you) to your child. This numbered sticker system ensures that only an adult with a numerically-matching sticker can pick up a child from his/her class. Additionally, your child’s number will be displayed in the main worship service if your assistance is needed for any reason.
Your kids’ info will be saved in our database after your first visit, so you’ll be able to use the self-serve check-in kiosks the next time you’re here.
Food allergies and other health concerns
During the initial registration process, please mention any child-specific allergies or medical information. SpringStreet teachers and volunteers are trained to check for “medical alert” stickers and respond accordingly.
Teacher & volunteer background checks and training
Every teacher and volunteer on Spring Street undergoes a thorough background check, and there is a zero tolerance policy regarding applicants with “yellow flags” in their background check. This ensures that no “bad guys” find their way into our ministry.