WellSpring KidsHelping kids follow Jesus
The story of God’s love for us (and our chance to live action-packed lives for Him) is EXCITING, and we want to pass that passion on to your children. You won’t find lecture-style, desk-bound classroom settings at WellSpring Kids. Instead, your kids will learn while singing, dancing, watching puppet shows, and enjoying a host of other “kid-friendly” activities. Each teacher and volunteer considers Sunday worship services to be some of the best hours of the week, and we think your children will feel the same way!
Commitment to Safety
WellSpring Kids’ COVID-19 policies and procedures
- Masks are optional for 1st – 5th grade kids during the 9am service, and required during the 10:45am service (excluding PreK and younger kids).
- Masks are optional for adult volunteers during our 9am service. All volunteers will wear masks during our 10:45am service. Once all the children have been checked in to the room, teachers have the option to remove their masks while teaching if they’re six feet away from their class.
- We’ve increased hygiene and cleaning protocols in our WellSpring Kids spaces during services.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be available in the WellSpring Kids check-in and hallway area.
- All toys and hard surfaces will be sanitized at before and after service.
- Snacks will not be served during class.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering WellSpring Kids. Encourage your child to do the same.
- You will see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.
- Stay home and join us online if your child has had a fever in the last 14 days, is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Safety and Security at WellSpring Kids
When your family visits WellSpring for the first time, visit our guest info counter (look for the “Visiting? Start here!” sign). A friendly volunteer will help you check in your child(ren); this simple, one-time-only process allows us to gather basic information about your child, such as his/her age, gender, name, and known medical concerns.
When the registration process is complete, you’ll receive a two-part sticker for each child. One sticker (containing your kid’s name, age, and other info) adheres to your child’s clothing; place the other sticker on yourself (and don’t lose it!). Both stickers contain a unique matching number, effectively linking you (and only you) to your child. This numbered sticker system ensures that only an adult with a numerically-matching sticker can pick up a child from his/her class. Additionally, your child’s number will be displayed in the main worship service if your assistance is needed for any reason.
Your kids’ info will be saved in our database after your first visit, so you’ll be able to use the self-serve check-in kiosks the next time you’re here.
Food allergies and other health concerns
During the initial registration process, please mention any child-specific allergies or medical information. WellSpring Kids teachers and volunteers check for “medical alert” stickers and respond accordingly.
Teacher & volunteer background checks and training
Every WellSpring Kids teacher and volunteer undergoes a thorough background check, and there is a zero tolerance policy regarding applicants with “yellow flags” in their background check. This ensures that no “bad guys” find their way into our ministry.